What is Jam Filling? Route to the best fruit jam filling for cake
1. What is Jam filling?
Jam filling is an “undefeatable” ingredient in the baking industry that Andros Asia has just launched into the F&B market in 2021, in order to bring customers and F&B businesses great solutions. The method of making cakes from fresh fruit ingredients not only keeps the best flavor but also is still convenient and easy to store.
Specially tailored for baking applications, Jam Filling can help professionals save plenty of preparation time compared to the traditional way of making jam cake.
2. Highlights of Jam filling
2.1 Stable when baked or refrigerated
Compared with other fruit jams, fruit jam filling for cake is recommended by experts for its stability with temperature, preventing changes in taste, or shape when baking, or freezing. That’s why Jam Filling can be used for most cakes, especially baked goods and cold cakes.
2.1.1 Baked goods
Baked cakes such as croissant, pie, puff pastry, muffin, donut, bread, cookie… all sound familiar; however, to make these, you need to equip yourself with certain skills and techniques of baking.
Baked goods often have strict requirements such as the selection of ingredients, the mixing of fruit filling or the baking process. Therefore, Jam Filling was born to be a solution to save time, money as well as effort for bakers and shop owners.
2.1.2 Cold cake
Cakes such as mousse, cheesecake or macaron are all popular cold cakes and are no less familiar than baked goods. With a wide range of styles, colors, flavors, cold cakes are also loved for their changeable nature, bringing many creative opportunities to both makers and shop owners.
The process of making cold cakes is not as complicated as those of other cakes because it doesn’t require using an oven. However, in order to make delicious cold cakes in the right way and keep the standard cake shape, Jam Filling will be of great support, don’t hesitate to try it now!
2.2 Products available for immediate use:
Without the stages of choosing ingredients, complicated preliminary processing, boiling or slurping fruit with moderate time and temperature, Andros Asia’s Jam filling can be used immediately just by opening the lid, not requiring you to cook any further or add pieces of real fruit for extra flavor.
Jam filling has 3 typical temperate fruit flavors: Strawberry, Apple, Blueberry, suitable for the taste of the majority of consumers.
- Strawberry and Apple Jam Fillings all have fruit content up to 40% with 100% natural fruit pieces distilled from excellent sources
- Blueberry Jam Filling with fruit content up to 32% with 100% whole blueberries
2.3 Packed and stored in aluminum doypack
Jam Filling is stored in 1kg aluminum doypack with a lid and can be preserved in an ambient environment. After opening, keep the products refrigerated at 4 degrees Celsius and use within a short time.
Why is Andros Asia’s Jam Filling packed in aluminum doypacks? Because aluminum doypacks are odorless, non-toxic, clean, and hygienic, shielding the product from the impact of the external environment (temperature, light) even during transportation, ensuring that the product’s color and taste are not changed.
This aluminum doypack has a tight texture, unlike ordinary plastic bottles and bags. Products in plastic bottles/bags often have preservatives to keep the product for a long time without being damaged.
3. How to make jam cake with Jam Filling:
There are many applications of Jam Filling for cake. In this article, Andros Asia will share some delicious and attractive jam cake recipes suitable for Pastry and Beverage stores. Let’s dig in now!
3.1 “APPLE TURNOVER” Pie
3.1.1 Ingredients (for 30 pieces)
- Wheat flour 11 (bread flour): 1kg
- Eggs: 1 egg
- Butter: 100g
- Butter slices: 500g
- Filtered water: 580g
- Salt: 20gr
- ANDROS Apple Jam Filling: 30gr (per piece)
3.1.2 How to make:
- Except for the sliced butter, mix all ingredients together until all ingredients are well-mixed into a thick, smooth dough. Then chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Knead the dough and roll it into a rectangle.
- Add sliced butter and then roll and fold the dough into 3 layers out of 6 times (729 layers in total).
- Cut the dough into small pieces with the desired size.
- Add 30g ANDROS Apple Jam filling into each pie.
- Spread egg mixture on top of the cakes.
- Finally, bake the pies at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until the cakes turn into a nice golden color.
3.2 “Strawberry and Pistachio ECLAIR”
3.2.1 Ingredients (for 24 pieces)
- Pie crust:
- Water: 500ml
- Butter: 200g
- Cake flour: 300g
- Eggs: 450g
- Salt: 5g
- Sugar: 10g
- Pistachio ganache and white chocolate:
- Cream: 275g
- Glucose: 15g
- White Chocolate: 100g
- Gelatin: 4g
- Pistachio puree: 40g
- ANDROS Strawberry Jam Filling
3.2.2 How to make
- Pie crust
- In a saucepan, boil the butter, water, sugar and salt.
- Add the flour to the pan and mix well until the mixture comes together into a thick, water-free mass.
- Place the dough into the mixer and mix on medium speed. Add the eggs and continue mixing until a smooth, thick mixture is achieved.
- Put the dough into a piping bag, shape into desired shape and bake for 30 minutes at 160°C
- Pistachio ganache and white chocolate:
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water.
- Bring cream, glucose, and white chocolate to a boil.
- Add the softened gelatin mixture and stir until the mixture is smooth. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Use a spatula to mix well.
- Finally cut the top of the Eclair, add Strawberry Filling
- Filling and pistachio cream on top.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.
3.3 “PINWHEEL” Blueberry Cake
3.3.1 Ingredients (for 26 cakes):
- Wheat flour: 1kg
- Salt: 20g
- Sugar: 140g
- Fresh milk: 500g
- Yeast: 15g
- Sliced butter: 500g
- ANDROS Blueberry Jam Filling: 20g (per cake)
3.3.2 How to make:
- Except for the sliced butter, add all ingredients to the mixer until the dough is smooth and no longer sticks to the hands or sides of the machine.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator until it reaches 4 degrees Celsius.
- Add sliced butter and then roll and fold the dough into 3 layers out of 3 times.
- Cut the dough thinly, forming small portions according to the desired size and shape. Incubate the dough at 30°C for 90 minutes.
- Spread egg on top of cake.
- Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes or until a nice golden color is achieved.
- Then add ANDROS Blueberry Jam Filling on top as a topping for the cake.
In order to make delicious jam cakes and attract customers, shop owners should support and empower bakers with new ingredients, saving time and effort so that they have more time for creativity and bring the best products to the customers.
Contact Andros Asia with the information below for advice and cooperation support!
Representative office in HCMC: Room 902 – 904, 9th floor, Women’s Building, 20 Nguyen Dang Giai, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, HCMC, Vietnam
Factory: Lot 47-49-51, My Tho Industrial Park, Trung An Commune, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Hotline: +84(0)28 3519 0228
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org