A fruity classic revisited by Andros. Orange, Calamansi and Passion fruit are the stars of this Exotic Baba
I/ INGREDIENTS FOR 60 PIECES
- Water: 400g
- Salt: 40g
- Sugar: 120g
- Dry yeast: 80g
- Flour: 2000g
- Egg: 1400g
- Butter: 600g
CALAMANSI & ORANGE CURD
- Egg: 1200g
- Sugar: 800g
- ANDROS Frozen Orange Puree: 800g
- ANDROS Frozen Calamansi Puree: 400g
- Orange zest: 24g
- Butter: 600g
- Gelatine: 12 leaves
PASSION FRUIT GLAZE
- ANDROS Frozen Passion Fruit Puree: 920g
- Neutral mirror: 2800g
- Sugar: 600g
- Glucose syrup: 600g
- Pectine NH: 40g
- Water: 8000ml
- ANDROS Frozen Orange Puree: 4000g
- Sugar: 4800g
- Vanilla pod: 10 sticks
- Cinnamon stick: 100g
- Lemon zest: 6 pcs
- Orange zest: 4 pcs
- Mascarpone cheese: 500g
- Whipping cream: 500g
- Icing sugar: 50g
1 – BABA DOUGH
- Soak yeast in warm water in 3 – 5 minutes at ambient temperature.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar into mixture of yeast, then add egg and stir well, add egg and whisk.
- Melt butter and add into the mixture, whisk until the completely incorporated, then let the mixture rest
- Pour the mixture into the mold and double open, then bake at 1800C.
2 – CALAMANSI & ORANGE CURD
- Soak gelatine in ice water.
- Whisk egg, sugar, ANDROS Frozen Calamansi Puree, ANDROS Frozen Orange Puree as anglaise style, lift it down and add gelatine. Let it cool down.
- Finally add butter at 45°C.
3 – PASSION FRUIT GLAZE
- Mix sugar and pectine NH.
- Add ANDROS Frozen Passion Puree, neutral mirror, glucose syrup into the cooking pot.
- Then add sugar, pectine and boil the mixture until completely incorporated.
- Finally remove impurities on the surface by spoon and let it cool.
4 – SYRUP
- Put all ingredients in boiling pot, cool down and cook in 30 – 40 minutes.
5 – CHANTILLY CREAM
- Mix mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, icing sugar and whisk until stiff peak.
- Put in cold bag to use as needed.
6 – PROCESS
Pour the Calamansi & orange curd into the glass.
Baba dipping in syrup and drain. Then covered by passion fruit glaze and put on Calamansi & Orange curd.
Cut fruits evenly to taste and put into glass as decoration.
Pour chantilly cream on top.