A-Z about the world of cold cakes
For those who love cakes, taking some time for yourself, enjoying a cake with your favorite drink will bring a feeling of relaxation and energy for an effective working day. In the midst of countless different types of cakes such as pies, hot cakes, cold cakes possess an irresistible attraction with multiple layers of delicious flavors, combined with cream and softness and refrigerated before serving. Cold cakes are loved by young Vietnamese; most are present in the cake cabinets of coffee -cakes shops, and many are popular desserts in luxury restaurants.
What are cold cakes?
Nowadays, cold cakes are always welcomed by young people for get-togethers and special occasions.
Cold cake is the name of delicious, soft and cool cakes such as cheesecake, mousse, tiramisu,… This is a high-class type of cake from Europe, usually preserved at low temperature. The main part of these cakes is made up of fat cream or cheese combined with unique fruity and jam fillings. With the excellent techniques of the baker, cold cake has a rich and melt-in-the-mouth taste from the layers of cake and cream with a smooth and cold texture that possesses an irresistible attraction. Cold cake bakers usually need to apply skills and knowledge about creams along with cake decorating styles to diversify their repertoire to cater for many different interests and trends.
Cold cakes will be more delicious when you enjoy them on summer days to dispel the heat.
Since its introduction in Vietnam, cold cakes have become a trend in the baking industry, with low-cost ingredients and recipes that do not require too complicated professional skills. Cold cakes also have a variety of genres and shapes for bakers to unleash their creativity. For those who have a sweet tooth, it is impossible not to know these popular cold cakes:
- Cheesecake: attractive from the name, the cake is made from a soft cheese filling, combined with a base that is a hard or smashed cookie (you can use a sponge cake base), and garnished with jam filling, fruit or chocolate sauce.
- Tiramisu cake: honored as the most loved cake in the world, the cake has a soft mascarpone cheese layer combined with egg cream layer. The cake has a characteristic flavor combining the richness of coffee, the bitterness of cocoa and the charm of alcohol. The cake has a soft and moist structure because the ingredients are liquid mixed with the egg cream layer and there is almost no filling.
- Mousse cake: conquers users with its delicious, soft, greasy, smooth, spongy texture thanks to many air bubbles in its structure. The main ingredient of the cake is a thin layer of gateaux at the bottom of the cake, the mousse is made of whipped cream or whipped egg whites with fresh ingredients such as fruit, fruit jam or chocolate.
Some cold cake recipes that are easy to make at home.
Quench the heat with cold, delicious cakes with fruit filling. Bakers, let’s save this and start making cold cakes to reward yourself with a relaxing time, which is to share with your loved ones or to give your beloved customers a luxurious but no less simple cake.
A traditional favorite dessert in Italy that cools off the summer heat. It has a sweet taste and is beautifully decorated, especially tasty for even strict diners. There is no need to use the oven, but you will need to refrigerate the cake before enjoying to gain a perfect taste.
Ingredients and recipe:
- ANDROS Frozen Strawberry Puree: 100g
- Gelatin: 2g
- ANDROS Strawberry Syrup: 50g
- Hot water: 50ml
Lady Fingers Cake
- Egg white: 90g
- Salt: 1g
- Sugar: 65g
- Egg yolk: 60g
- Vanilla: 3g
- Wheat flour: 65g
- Cornstarch: 10g
- Egg york: 20g
- Sugar: 10g
- Mascarpone: 125g
Italian style Meringue
- Egg white: 30g
- Sugar: 50g
- Fat cream: 120g
Tiramisu cold cake is considered the most loved cake in the world
- Cake base is covered with lady fingers cake dipped in strawberry syrup
- Topped with mascarpone cream
- The middle layer is strawberry filling
- Finish with a layer of mascarpone
- Decorate with strawberries and start enjoying
The cake making process is simple; with just a little concentration and cleverness, you will have a delicious cold cake from frozen fruit puree. Sharing it with friends while sipping a cup of hot tea is great. See more details on how to do it HERE!
Cherry Apricot Cheesecake
No need for an oven, you can make this cake which is appealing right from its name. How to make this cold cake is not “challenging” even for those who are just starting to practice baking. Let’s go to the kitchen and invite your friends over to enjoy together.
Cheesecake cherry apricot has an attractive taste with a not-so-fussy recipe
Ingredients and recipe:
- ANDROS Frozen Cherries: 500g
- ANDROS Frozen Apricot Puree: 300g
- Crushed biscuits: 200g
- Melted butter: 50g
- Brown sugar: 50g
- Lemon juice: 30ml
- Cream cheese: 500g
- Whipping cream : 440ml
- Powdered sugar: 100g
- Vanilla: 10ml
- Gelatin powder: 25g
- Compress the base of the cake and put it in the refrigerator
- Heat the cake core mixture, let it cool and then mix it with the cream mixture
- Pour the cream mixture onto the cookie base and put it in the fridge
- Pour apricot jelly on top of the cake
- Keep in the fridge for 2 hours to enjoy
This is a cold cake made from frozen fruit puree that is not hard to eat, with a sweet and sour taste; thus, this can be a very meaningful gift to your loved ones on special occasions. Watch the video tutorial for easy making process HERE.
Another recipe that doesn’t need an oven. With ingredients derived from tropical fruits that are both delicious and healthy with a cooling effect, this cake will make an attractive and refreshing dessert.
Tropical Mousse cake with ingredients from Andros Asia fruit jam
- ANDROS Frozen Orange Puree: 110g
- ANDROS Frozen Mango Puree: 60g
- ANDROS Frozen Mango: 100g
- Water: 10g
- Honey: 70g
- Soaked powdered gelatin: 11g
- Sugar: 37g
- Lemon juice: 2g
- Yogurt: 60g
- Cream cheese: 150g
- Cream 35%: 120g
- Sponge cake base
- Make cake base with sponge cake
- Pour the jelly in the middle on top of the cake and keep it in the fridge
- Cover the cake with cream, put it in the fridge again
- Garnish with Andros Frozen Mango on top
- Pour the mango jelly on top of the cake and put it in the fridge
- Decorate as you like and start enjoying
See details on how to make it HERE to create a perfect cake and fully enjoy the summer flavor.
Bavarois Blueberry White Chocolate
This is the suggestion of a very beautiful and unique cold cake for your loved one. Bavarois is a type of cakes that is a mixture of mousse and cream; it is considered up to standard when it is smooth and moderately moist. The most basic ingredients to make a perfect Bavarois include milk, fresh cream, sugar, eggs and gelatin. In addition, because the cake has a certain level of fat, it is often served with sour fruits to balance the taste. Blueberry is a nutritious fruit with a sweet and mildly sour taste. Combining that sour taste with the sweetness of white chocolate, the cold cake version cannot be more perfect.
Bavarois Blueberry White Chocolate has a crispy crust and a soft moist cold filling with sweet and sour blueberry jam filling from ANDROS. Let’s make it together now!
Bavarois Blueberry White Chocolate Cold Cake has a slight sweetness from cream and ANDROS blueberry jam filling
Ingredients and recipe (for 20cm cake):
- Egg white: 150g
- Sugar: 25g
- Almond powder: 120g
- Powdered sugar: 120g
- Cocoa powder: 30g
- Whole egg: 150g
- Butter: 25g
- ANDROS Blueberry Filling: 200g
- White Chocolate: 80g
- Egg yolk: 4 quả
- Sugar: 75g
- Fresh milk: 250ml
- Gelatine: 4g
- Whipping cream: 125g
- Melt the butter and mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and eggs to get a fine dough.
- Add melted butter & beaten egg white mixture to flour mixture. Spread the batter evenly on the tray and bake at 160°C for 12 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream with a whisk until it turns fluffy with soft peaks.
- Soak gelatine in cold water, then use a pot to heat milk and white chocolate, and beat well egg yolks with sugar.
- Put the beaten egg mixture into a saucepan containing milk and white chocolate until it reaches 86°C, then turn off the heat.
- Let the mixture cool, then add the whipped cream and mix well.
Blueberry jam filling
- Make the cake base according to the size of the mold, then add the bavaroise to half of the cake pan.
- Spread ANDROS Blueberry Filling Jam on top.
- Cover with bavarois cream again. When the bavaroise is frozen, cover the top with ANDROS Blueberry Filling Jam and decorate with flowers.
White Chocolate Blueberry Bavarois Cake is a delicious and luxurious cake, also suitable for a light meal as the sweet and sour taste of blueberries and cream will soothe your hungry stomach immediately.
Cold cake ingredient: Jam filling – improvement in process and recipe
From Europe, cold cakes have spread to all continents with many different versions and recipes, constantly improved by chefs to serve diners. The fruit ingredients in each cold cake recipe must be fresh, nutritious and healthy to satisfy the most “picky” diners. With a recipe according to the secret of traditional French jam making, which ensures high quality standards and keeps the fruit flavor intact, ANDROS jam filling is always the first choice of ingredients for attractive cold cakes.
Making cold cakes requires the meticulousness and skills of bakers, ANDROS fruit jam is also honored to become the best main ingredient to make cold cakes more perfect than ever thanks to the selection of high-quality fruits from nature, no preservatives, no colorants, no fragrances.
Andros Asia’s jam filling meets quality standards with delicious taste
With ANDROS fruit jam filling made from a variety of popular fruits such as natural blueberries, pink guava, raspberries, oranges, strawberries, etc., you can unleash your creativity to make attractive cold cakes, especially in sizzling hot summer days, while still maintain your good health. Bakers can:
– Have no need to spend too much effort in the fruit selection process, skip the complicated preliminary processing stage.
– Save preparation time and bring out the best taste for the cake
– Have time to take care of and create a more perfect cake.
ANDROS Asia specializes in providing products from fruits from local sources, with careful selection to ensure the production process to bring customers the best quality raw materials. For advice on high-quality ingredients for bartending and baking, customers can directly contact Andros Asia through the information below for dedicated advice and support!
Representative office in HCMC: Room 902 – 904, 9th floor, Women’s Building, 20 Nguyen Dang Giai, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, HCMC, Vietnam
Factory: Lot 47-49-51, My Tho Industrial Park, Trung An Commune, My Tho City, Tien Giang Province
Hotline: +84(0)28 3519 0228