3 CREATIVE DRINK IDEAS WITH CHUNKY
Summer heat is tiring you out? Recharge your energy right away with these cool drinks, made from ANDROS’ finest Chunky!
#1: Cool and hydrate with iced tea Chunky
When the temperature rises, nothing quite beats sipping a refreshing glass of refreshing Chunky iced tea. This homemade iced tea is a delicious way to cool down and stay hydrated over the warmer months. Delight your friends and family with this super-duper easy recipe from Andros.
- 8 tablespoons Andros Chunky (Adapt this recipe with your favorite fruits, the best combination from Andros: raspberries + strawberies , pink guava + redcurrant, mango + pineapple)
- 2 herbal fruit tea bags of your choice/ 2 black tea bags
- 400ml water
- 1-2 tablespoons (tbsp) sugar/ honey
- Ice cubes
- Optional: mint sprigs
- Bring a large pot with 400ml water to a boil and place your tea bag in the pot
- Turn off heat and let your tea brew for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags
- Add sweetener to the infused tea and stir to dissolve.
- Add desired Chunky combination(s), remove from stove, and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour in a glass over ice, garnish with mint leaves
#2: Chunky fruit soda
Hardly resist a sparkling soda mixed with colorful Chunky in the scorching heat of summer. Andros will show you how to make the most refreshing homemade fruit soda using just five ingredients, including Chunky, the nutritious, convenient frozen fruits. This recipe is perfect for parties and special occasions.
Ingredients: (5 glasses)
- 10 tbsp Andros’ Chunky of your choice
- Soda (5 cans)
- 5 tbsp granulated sugar/ honey
- Ice cubes
- Lemon juice
- Mint sprigs for optional garnish
- Place Chunky and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring or mashing to break up the fruits.
- Add sugar/honey and stir to dissolve. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and chill the mixture until ready to use
- Add 2 tbs to each glass and then fill with ice cubes.
- Add fresh mint and a squeeze of fresh lemon, then fill the glass the rest of the way with cold club soda.
- Garnish with more Chunky if desired.
- Serve over ice with a straw. Enjoy!
#3: Greek Yoghurt with Chunky
Another healthy snack for summer is Greek yogurt with Chunky. Yogurt is a nutrient-dense food that serves as a good source of dairy protein, calcium, magnesium, and beneficial bacterial cultures, which can promote digestive health. Frozen fruits contain fibers, minerals, and vitamins, which enhance the immune system.
The combination of tangy yogurt, Chunky and nuts brings out the best in frozen fruits to make this the healthiest dessert that every family should add to their menu.
Ingredients (1 glass)
- 200g plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp Andros’ Chunky of your choice
- 1 tbsp Andros strawberry jam
- 4 tbsp good quality roughly chopped walnuts (almond, pumpkin seeds, and cashews)
- Place half the nuts and half the Chunky into a glass
- Spoon greek yogurt on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts/Chunky
- Add another layer of yogurt
- Then place a dab of Andros’ jam on top!
- That’s it my friends. And you won’t believe how good it is!